And whosoever welcomes in my name one such child as this, welcomes me . . . . . . Y el que recibe en mi nombre a un niño como éste, a mí me recibe. Matthew 18:5

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Some memories.

As I approach my first trip back to the States I want to take a moment to share some of my favorite moments from the past eight months, in photos. 

October- meeting the kids and seeing some of them make their First Communion




November- joining the social work team... here we are!!!


December- Christmas which included a visit from our Foundress and her children, plenty of new clothes, backpacks, and toys for the kids, and this Nativity play (the highlight was definitely when one of the “angels” got mad at her older sister for messing her part).


January- attending my first Quinceñera...
...and welcoming a new child to the Finca

February- cows on the beach (this is actually one of my favorite things year around, it’s such a paradox to me)

March- Backpacking to Belize with my friend and fellow missionary Sara to visit my friends from Benedictine, Shelby, Sean, and Russell. 

April- Easter and a missionary adventure to one of the top ten most beautiful places I’ve ever been (which is less than an hour drive from where we live). 
Also, going fishing with the youngest boys...

May- Celebrating the 17th anniversary of the Finca with a Marian Festival featuring songs written and performed by the kids and their caregivers.  





I hope this gave you a small look into my life as a missionary these past eight months. I’ll try to include more pictures in the future, unfortunately, my camera has a tendency to stop working every time something exciting happens so to give credit where credit is due, most of the above photos were taken by other missionaries. 


No comments:

Post a Comment