And whosoever welcomes in my name one such child as this, welcomes me . . . . . . Y el que recibe en mi nombre a un niño como éste, a mí me recibe. Matthew 18:5

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Goodbye Guatemala, Hello Honduras

Well, it's official, I've finished with my time at language school in Antigua, spent about 15 hours (broken up by a night in Copan) to La Ceiba, and on Monday I will arrive at the Finca. If I could describe my emotions about finally making it to the place where I will be living for the next two years it would be PUMPED!!!
Since my internet access is going to become a lot more limited, I wanted to take a minute to show some of my pictures from my time in Central America so far:

An early morning picture taken from my rooftop in Antigua:

A crowded market in Chichicastenanga: 

 View of Vólcan de Fuego erupting in the distance:

The other missionaries and I hiking in Semuc Champey: 

 A marching band celebrating Independence Day:

 Two of my fellow missionaries and I dressed in Ropa Típica (do we look Guatemalan?):

The stereotypical Antigua picture taken from Cerro de la Cruz:

Ruinas at the church of San Francisco in Antigua:

Honduras at last! Mayan ruins in Copán:


I have already been blessed with many great adventures in Central America, however, I am very excited to make it to the Finca and start doing what I came here to do. Please pray for me as I begin my time as a missionary at Finca del Niño. The next time I write, I'll be at the Farm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment