And whosoever welcomes in my name one such child as this, welcomes me . . . . . . Y el que recibe en mi nombre a un niño como éste, a mí me recibe. Matthew 18:5

Saturday, October 27, 2012

My New Home



I made it to the Finca!!! (Almost a month ago) My life has changed so much in the last month that it’s hard to decide where to start. I have been going through new missionary training and trying to learn all of the nuts and bolts of life at the Finca.
I also have a job!!! I will be serving as a social worker here at the Finca!!! I will be working with a second year missionary who is also a social worker, two Nicaraguan psychologists, a Franciscan sister, and eventually we are hoping to find a social worker to join our team as well. I will be in charge of three houses: Casa 1 (the youngest girls), Casa 3 (the youngest boys), and Casa 6 (the oldest girls). I have been training for my job the past few weeks and will officially begin on November 1st. I am both excited and a little bit intimidated to begin my job. I will also serve as a girl scout leader, tutor, and a member of the spiritual life committee this year.
So what is my life like? I’ve had so many new experiences the last month that it’s hard for me to even know where to begin. In many ways, my life here is too hard to explain, I don’t realize how different it is until I sit down and try to write about it and then I just end up spitting out random snippets such as: I live in a house with 19 other missionaries, I’ve learned how to wash my clothes by hand, I’m learning how to cook over a fire, and I’m learning how to be a social worker. So I guess that’s what this blog is going to be for the next two years random snippets, stories, and thoughts that attempt to describe an experience beyond words.

1 comment:

  1. yes a great post you are doing such nice work that is "Social Work". I am also providing social services in Dewas, Madhya Pradesh, India to enhance the women power by women empowerment. Anyone can find a social worker in near area their they are stand.

    ReplyDelete